Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sleepy in Paris

The rest of yesterday we took the metro as a group to learn how to use it. We went to the Eiffel Tower first and it was awesome!! It is huge!! Once we did that we were on our own to do whatever we wanted. We decided to get some lunch and then we headed back to the hotel. Getting lunch was terrifying. I had no idea how to order or anything. I had no idea what the waiter was saying to me, kinda played a smiling and nodding game and relied on who I was with. Once we got back to the hotel, it was a battle to stay awake. We lasted till about 8 pm and passed out. We woke up at about 3:30 and were wide awake. The wind was just whipping past the window and it was hard to fall back asleep, but eventually happened.

Today we took an open bus tour of the city. It started out cold and rainy and just blah. We were on the upper open deck with our hoods on and freezing. They gave us little headsets so we had a guided tour. We saw a ton of things. Arc de triumph, Eiffel Tower again, The Louvre, Notre Dame, and everything along the way. The bus tour was a hop on hop off kind of thing so you could get off anywhere you wanted and stay and just wait till the next bus came. The sun eventually came out too!! So it got a lot nicer! We ate lunch at a little cafe and I obtained my first legal drink with my lunch!!! We had little toasted sandwiches and a glass of wine. Yum!! Once we got to Notre Dame we were on our own and split up. We walked back to the Louvre area and went to the Jardines de Lourve. Huge area of gardens, it was sooo pretty!!

Now were back at the hotel resting and plan on going to get dinner later.

Only slight culture shock. Really wish I understood and could speak more French, that's the hardest part. I've got bonjour, merci, and Au revoir down. Still learning...

First day of school tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment