AMAZING!! Today was so much fun! The school is so so different than any American school I've ever been in. For starters, its beautiful. Picture a mansion...but really it's actually an old mansion turned into this school. I'd put up a picture but apparently there's high security and privacy rules with this school because important peoples kids go there. For example, Demi Moore's kids went there. Lots of UN people and such too.
The classes are soooo relaxed. Discipline is not an issue at all and it was amazing to see a lesson completed without behavior interruptions. The lunch for the kids was like a meal I could get going out. It was served on glass plates and they used real silverware! It was insane! So much better than the mush they serve kids in the US.
My teacher is originally from Germany, but speaks English perfectly. The kids are from all over and it is so cool to see many of the ELLs and other students speaking a number of different languages.
At one point the teacher had to assist one of the students out side of the classroom, and I ran a little bit. On my own!! It was sooooo coool! And it was great to see a full day of school for the first time too!!
Idk if I can go back to the American school system, this is so nice. The teachers and students have so much freedom and learn so much more! The kids are so advanced..I was working with a small group during reading and told my teacher I was impressed by them, she then told me they were the slower group and I was shocked!
It was an amazing day and experience!! I can't wait for the rest! Already a break tomorrow! It's a French Holiday, so back to school on Wednesday (aka My Birthday!!!!!!!!) I think one littler girl may be making me muffins and jam for my birthday. She told me she had a surprise for me and then later asked if I liked muffins and jam and said okay good. So maybe some birthday muffins?! :)
And my teacher said Field trip on Thursday. I'm expecting a rando place....oh no were going to the Louvre!!! So excited! Free trip to the Louvre with my class!! egyptian exhibit here I come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment