Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tuesday, Wednesday, And Thursday...oops

Soooo I've been  little behind, so catchup time!!

Tuesday was a French Holiday so we had the day off. I slept in, which was much needed. Then me and Jordan kind of just explored the La Defense area. We were going to go to Mcdonalds just to try Coca-Cola Light, and we came out with meals. #fatgirlproblems. We used the "Easy order" kiosk, which was awesome. Its a touch screen ordering where you pick the language. It went really well, until the started calling out the order numbers in French. Embarrassing. We just stood there and showed them our receipts. Then after that we went to Sacre Coeur, which is a beautiful church on a hill in Paris. It was Amazinggg!! Such a pretty view and we went inside of the church too. We just shopped around and then came back before going out to eat, and I may or may not have gotten 2 ice creams that day. But they're so good here!! As we left Sacre Coeur, we had to be smart girls. There are the creepiest people ever here that come up and grab you and try to distract you and steal your stuff. So we came up with the idea to walk really close behind a family so they wouldn't come up to us, worked like a charm!!

And Wednesday was my birthday!!!! My lovely little and Jordan tag teamed so that I had a little birthday girl ribbon to wear and a tiara while I was here! It made it so fun! We went to see the eiffel tower Sparkle the night before my birthday, and that was amazing to soo up close! At school that day, the first thing on the agenda was "Happy Birthday Colleen!" I loved it! During snack time this sweet girl brought in cookies for my birthday and the kids sang happy birthday (including cha-cha-chas!!) When we got back we got ready and want to an early dinner at an Italian restaurant in the Bastille. We then did what I called a Metro crawl, and got off at random stops on our way back for drinks. Can't believe I'm finally 21!!!

Today was our class field trip to The Louvre. Yes, a field trip to the Lourve, makes our field trips seem soooo lame! One of the kids in the class has the chicken pocks to his mom could not chaperone so I got my own group. I was responsible for a group of kids, in a hugggge museum, that I've never been to, and where everything is in French...sounds perfect. The entire time I just kept asking the two french speaking kids in my group what the signs said or what people were saying. The Egyptian exhibit was pretty cool and I had fun playing mother goose just repeatedly counting to be sure I had everyone in my group. As we made our way back to the school, the kids were soooooo hyper, so we played the silent game. Which was beautiful and resulted in many of the kids falling asleep....as well as myself, oops.

Later we're going out to dinner as a big group and then I plan on coming back and passing out. Still not used to this time and need to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment