Wednesday
Well going into today, I knew it would be a long day, but
never though it would be this long. We got on a 9 AM train from Paris and would
switch to another train once we crossed over into Germany. We were only given 5
mins from the tome we arrived, to the time our next train departed. Steven kept
assuring s that it would be ok, but of course, it was not. Our train was late
and also full of a group of kids that were getting off at this stop as well and
were in no rush. At all. they stood there. Shuffled off, and thn blocked the door, and i pulled/dragged/pushed...did everything it took to get my bag through the door. We got off and, well our next train was gone. So we had to
wait about 45 minutes for the next one to leave for Berlin. When it finally
arrived we jumped on, being sure not to miss it. But, well, we got onto the first
class cars and could not move very far. The isle was small and our bags are big.
Think of a big bag…and think bigger…that’s how big my dumb luggage is and it is
so hard to maneuver around. So we decided we could wait till the stop in
Frankfurt to try and get down the train. It was a mess and so hard to get
through, and once we made it to the next cars 9one hour of stading on a moving train later), there was hardly any open
seat…so we all split up. Six hours later, we were finally in Berlin. We met my
Dad at the train station and made our way to our hotel. Once settled, we went
to an awesome steakhouse and I had my first legal beer with my brother and dad!
We had a great time. Much better ending to a long day.
Today we went on a walking tour and I hate to admit it, but I
loved the history in Berlin. I generally hate history, but it is just so cool
here. At one point our tour guide brought us to a parking lot and we were all
quite confused. This was until he informed us that we were standing above what was
at once time Hitler’s bunker and also where he eventually committed suicide. It
was so weird to see in person and see all the life and apartments all around it and actually be exactly
where he ran everything. Quite eerie, but cool. We saw the pieces of the Berlin
wall that are still up and went into a few museums. We did so much walking, my
poor legs are not happy. But it really was so cool and interesting to learn all
about everything that happened right here.
I only have 1 hour of free internet a day. Rough. So I'm trying to use it wisely.
I'm exhausted. Permanent exhaustion. But I guess that's how it's supposed to be on vacation :)
More adventures to come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment