Friday, May 4, 2012

It's Friday, Friday!!!

Wooo we survived a week in the schools. And a week since we started out venture to Paris. It's been amazingggg so far!! Although, I'm still exhausted and do not believe people ever get used to this time change.

Today at school was teacher appreciation day. And omg! My teachers got dozens and dozens of bouquets of flowers an chocolates, cards, everything. Then the teachers had a big lunch with a huge buffet line of foods that parents made, and a huge dessert table (my fav!!) To put this in perspective, I've been there for 4 days, and came home with 2 cards and 6 roses! It is amazing how much parent participation there is here and how highly respected and appreciated teachers are.

I gave my first spelling test today! It was fun but scary ha. I had to thinking of sentences to fit th words into on the spot. ANd just wanted to help them. It was also kind of hard to keep an eye on everyone and get them to respect me like they would the teacher. I'm also planning the lesson I will teach next week. Math...which I'm terrified of, but have to do it at sometime, so why not now.

Today was kind of hard day. We have a few ESE students ranging from aspergers/autism to brain trauma issues, and each one of them had their own indivividual breakdowns. It's hard because I'm not really trained for any of it, but it is an amazing experience to see what they do for the children and how inclusion really is so big here! It is great!

Now random thoughts that I have forget to say...

My kids call me Miss. C. It's precious. And when they do say my name, most of their accents make it sound so strange.

I have been asked 4 times now if I wear fake eyelashes.

I constantly stare out our hotel window and have an "Omg, I'm  in Paris" moment when I see the eiffel Tower.

I eat like no other and I love it....hey were walking a lot, and calories don't count on vacation.

That's all for now, I'll keep thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment