Sorry I've been failing at this blog thing....
Well saturday we went out to Versailles! It is huge and soooooo pretty! We did it all. The palace, the gardens, and even Marie Antoinette's house. It was a really far walk, but all worth it. I was beyond exhausted after that though. As we got on the train to go back it was taking forever to leave. Then, all of a sudden these official looking people came on and yelled something in French. Everyone immediately started rushing around and ran across to the other train. Someone then politely translated that this train would not be going to Paris, so we followed to crowd and rushed to the other train. Made it, but it was packed. Then that night we went out for dinner. It was pouring rain and everything was soaked so I coudn't wait to get back and just be dry and warm.
On Sunday we were going to go to the Lourve, but the line was hours long so we instead went to this huge outdoor market place that one of our directors had told us about. But when we were getting back onto the Metro, it was so crowded that we wer all rushing on and the beeping sound started, meaning the doors would be closing. Jordan wasn't on yet. Out of instinct I threw my arm out to open the door...these are not doors like the Subway, or an elevator though. They close no matter what. So, there's Jordan's foot in the clear doors infront on the metro, and my hand slammed in the metro doors. Just stuck there. All I remember doing is wiggling my fingers and then somehow pulling them out. We then shouted through the door and used hand symbols to try and tell her where to get off. It was super scary but in the end we were all reunited.
The market we went to after was kinda cool, but it was soooo gloomy out and freezing and I have never squeezed my purse so close to my body ever...so I was unsure about the whole situation. You had all the creepy guys there selling all the fake things and being all weird. By the end, I was pretty uncomfortable. We then headed to lunch. After lunch me and Jordan were soooo ready to be home. We came back and passed out for 2 hours. Amazing! We woke up did our lesson plans and some work, got mcdonalds for dinner (lazy problems) and then were in bed by 10:30. We needed sleep sooo bad after that long weekend.
Then today in school the kids were pretty rowdy but the day went pretty well. I really enjoy how much the teacher allows me to do and how comfortable I already feel in the class.
Tonight me and Jordan are making dinner again...always an adventure, and then were going to climb the eiffel Tower!
No comments:
Post a Comment