Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Last few days...oops

So here we go. I'll just do the highlights since I'm way behind.

Thurs- Jordan and I got way lost lookig for Ice Bar. We made it with 2 mins to spare and just ran upstairs and in...expecting to find the 10 people we were meeitng there. But it was just us. We ended up having a great time!!! Everything made of ice, even our cups! We were freezing but it was quite an experience.

Fri- It was out last day in class, and was kinda weird. The 2 weeks flew by. A few of our teachers took us out to lunch. They first asked us if we wanted wine! Wine!! on a lunch break! They said they do it all the time. So, wine it was! Then back to school. How cool! We need to adopt this in the US. Fir night was our administration dinner with all the teachers. We had a great time!! Jennies teacher was sure that our wine glasses were filled at all times! Out table was amazing! This dinner turned out to be over 4 hours! Goodness!

Sat- We woke up very early and headed to the airport. I said bye to all my friends and then started the trek to find my mom! We then headed to our hotel- via the metro- with our huge bags, ahhh. A little stressful but we did make it! I'm such a good guide. We wandered our area and waited for our room to be ready at 2. We then waited for Steven to get here! So fun to have my family here.

Sun- We started the day with dessert crepes for breakfast!!! and then headed to the Eiffel Tower. Climbed up it and and then went to sit on the lawn! It was beautiful out and amazing to just sit in the sun. We even saw some gypsies get arrested! Quite eventful. We then went to the Arc de Triumphe and headed back for some dinner.

Mon- We went out to Versailles for another beautiful day. I couldn't believe how pretty these two days were, considering for the past 2 weeks I've hardly seen 2 full sunny days. We got some snacks (I got ice cream, of course!) and we sat out on the lawn there too.WE then headed back and went to the Louvre until it closed. We ate dinner outside at a little cafe (great for people watching-facing the street.)

Tues- Ew the rain is back. Well kinda. Then the sun. Then the rain. It's the bipolar weather all over again. WE headed to Sacre Couer (one of my favorite places here) and it was sunny!!! For the most part. We went all around the church and the town, until the rain came. We headed home and then to Luxembourg Gardens.

I'm getting sick :( so we went to the pharmacy this morning. It was quite an adventure to get medicine from a french speaking pharmacist. It was a game a charades of my symptoms. But we got some weird mix for water and hey, it worked! I hope this cold goes away though, sucks being sick on vacation.

Well, my short little highlights seem to have grown into a novel.
Off to Germany tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment